Monday, July 30, 2007

motorcycle riding class


i decided since i have my new vino, that i would take a basic motorcycle riding course. it was a 3 day thing, Wednesday from 5-10pm, Friday from 5-dark, and Saturday from 7:30 am-3:00 pm. the first day was a classroom setting where we watched really cheesy videos and learned basic concepts out of a book. where you aware that a good rider tries to minimize risks? imagine that.


anyway, so the class wasn't all that exciting but Friday and Saturday we got to ride. we practiced riding in the parking lot across the street from the BYU stadium. i had never driven a motorcycle that had a clutch before and so i was a little nervous to learn. IT TURNED OUT TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!! i thought riding the vino was a good time, but there is something about a bigger motorcycle and shifting the gears that is really exciting. Now, mind you, the motorcycles we rode were not super large motorcycles, none of them were over 250cc. if you don't know what that means, it just means that it is a small engine motorcycle, like a Honda Rebel (Google it.)


i had so much fun and i passed the class. Now all i have to do is go and show the drivers license division my certificate and i get the motorcycle endorsement on my license.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy that picture of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a bad picture i know. I am sitting all funny and it makes me look fat.

    ReplyDelete

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.