Monday, August 2, 2010

a little boy's thought process


yesterday, i had the occasion to explain to the two boys, in terms that they could understand, what a placenta is and what placenta previa is. i also explained that because the placenta is in the way, the doctors would most likely have to cut my stomach open to get the baby out. jared asked if it would hurt and i said that they would make it so that it wouldn't hurt me.

after a minute of contemplation, isaac asked, "are they going to shoot you with a sleeping dart?"

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I had a partial previa. Good luck with your delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids say the funniest things. Lets hope the 'dart' in the back does the trick for pain. Good Luck, I hope everyhting goes smoothly for you. Hope we can see this new addition before she grows up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this kid. his comments are the best.

    ReplyDelete

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.