Sunday, January 2, 2011

dinners in 2011

one thing i would like to be better about this year is making dinner for my family. in 2010, for most of the year anyway, i was pregnant and making dinner was the last thing i wanted to do most nights. the kids usually ended up with something simple to prepare - like from can to microwave to bowl, and most of the time it was something that they themselves could whip up and eat with a little help from either nathan or myself. nathan and i ate whatever we could scrounge up and sounded good. the menu from 2010 looked something like this:
  • chef boyardee
  • spaghetti o's
  • frozen pizza
  • cheese quesadilla
  • sandwiches
  • hot dogs
  • mac-n-cheese
  • fast food
  • take-out
while i do think that at least jared benefited from learning to make mac-n-cheese by himself (he won't starve on his mission now as long as he can get his hands on a couple boxes of the stuff), i know that eating dinner as a family is very important. so this year, i am going to do better. to keep myself somewhat in line, i am going to keep track of my dinners on my blog.

*note - this is really for my benefit only, but if you want to see what i have made, you can follow along under the "dinners in 2011" page on the right side bar.

2 comments:

  1. great idea- mccormick makes a great pot roast that you put in the crock pot (its a seasoning packet- super yummy) try it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you send me your sausage and rice recipe? you know the one that you would bring to work for leftovers and then i would end up eating half of it.

    ReplyDelete

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.