Wednesday, February 13, 2013

getting crafty at young women's


i'm becoming quite domesticated these days :) thanks to my calling in the young women's organization at church.  for our class activity they wanted to make these darling fabric headbands.  so i dusted off the old sewing machine and enlisted the expertise of on of the girls' mom to help.   they turned out super cute and were super easy!

i probably should have checked the background of my picture before taking it, but  i didn't.  oh well.

here's a close-up shot... of my headband, not the toilet in the background. oops!

**update** this pattern is pretty darn close and it's free.

i found this tutorial online that is close to what we did, but not quite.  we used cotton fabric which required us to fold 1/4" under and top stick around the edge of the fabric of the headband piece.  but her pattern is excellent.

this is the closest thing i could find to what we actually made, but requires a purchase.

these are just easy enough that i will probably whip some up for my girls using just fabric scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.