Wednesday, April 2, 2014

General Women's Meeting

Amelia and I watched General Women's Meeting together this past Saturday.  I am not normally one to stay home and watch these meetings, but I was not feeling well.  I still wanted it to be a special thing for Amelia, since this would be the first time she would attend.  I asked Nathan to keep the boys occupied and quiet while Amelia and I watched the broadcast together in my bedroom.  Clara joined us.

I always try to take notes at these meeting and so I got out my notebook.  Amelia decided she must take notes also, so she quickly went off to get her notebook.  Not to be left out, Clara also went and got a notebook and pencil.

I thought that Amelia would pretty much copy whatever I wrote down, but she didn't.  She only copied the person's name.  Every so often she would say, "Have you written anything down yet?"



Nathan snapped a picture for me right as it was starting.

The meeting was amazing!  Such great counsel and such uplifting messages of hope.

This video had me in tears. It reminded me that life is not always easy, but we can find lasting happiness and peace through making and keeping covenants and living the gospel of Jesus Christ.

 

A couple of my favorite quotes from the evening were these:
"While Satan is attacking sisters at earlier ages, the Lord is lifting sisters to higher and higher levels of spirituality."

"Keeping covenants protects us, prepares us, and empowers us."

#inspiredby #womensmeeting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.