Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Carving for FHE

Last night the kids carved pumpkins into jack-o-laterns for family home evening.  

I was interested to see how Clara would do with cleaning out the pumpkin since she has serious issues with getting her hands sticky and slimy.  She was pretty careful about how she put her hand inside the pumpkin, but seemed to enjoy the whole experience.

Nathan helped Clara carve her pumpkin.

I tried to convince Clara to put her cleaned out pumpkin on her head like a hat, but she refused.  Isaac complied.

Amelia took to longest to clean out her pumpkin and draw the face and cut it out.  She wanted it just right!

I loved that the boys could finally do this type of project with minimal help and guidance from Nathan and I.

Here are the finished masterpieces.

Clara's jack-o-latern.  We've dubbed it "Mike Wazowski".

Amelia's "angry jack-o-lantern".

Jared's "mean guy"

And Isaac's almost finished jack-o-lantern.  His will have pumpkin guts coming out of it's mouth on Halloween night.

Here are a couple of video clips of Clara telling me she is going to use her pumpkin as a pot to make potions to turn into a vampire and witch - complete with evil laugh.



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.