Thursday, November 7, 2013

A New Fall or Thanksgiving Wreath

I was inspired the other day by something that I saw on Pinterest.

Here is the original for sale on Etsy for $40.00.
Fall/Thanksgiving Grapevine 14" Wreath

I knew that I had most of the necessary items at home to make this wreath.  

I had some fall leaf garland and an old grapevine garland in my decoration box.  I knew I had some dark brown burlap from another project and some hemp string in my craft box.  After gathering my supplies and my glue gun, I got to work. 

First, I had to make the grapevine from a garland into a wreath.  I determined the approximate size I wanted it and then began to make a circle.  I used the hemp string to keep it together.  Then I made the burlap flower - more on that below.  Finally, I finished it up with some leaves from the old garland.

Here is my finished project.  I would still like to make a little banner that says "give thanks", but I haven't gotten that far yet.


I've never really made flowers from fabric before, but I found that the easiest way for me was to slightly fold the fabric alternating from the front to the back to make a "flat" flower.  To make more of a "round" flower, I folded to the front.  My burlap flower consists of 2 "flat" flowers and 3 "round" flowers of different sizes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.