Monday, November 4, 2013

Those Darn Sewer Lines

My husband and his father spent all day Saturday digging up my father-in-law's front yard.  He had a break in his sewer line.

You can see parts of the old clay pipe behind Nathan on what is left of the grass.  It had caved in and broken. There were also roots growing in the line.

Jared sits in the machine waiting to fill the hole in.  Nathan let me try my hand at running that piece of machinery.  Let's just say that there was a lot of jerking and shaking...

 The hole.

Men at Work!


In September of 2011, we had to dig up our sewer line as well.  The sewer had backed up twice into our basement.  Thankfully both times we had only washed clothes and taken showers, so the backup wasn't extremely gross, only super gross.

I realized I had never posted the pictures of that glorious event, so here they are.

Here is the mound of dirt that was taken out of the hole.

Looking down in to the hole.  12 feet down to the broken line.

See that yellow line?  Yeah, that's the gas line that Nathan accidentally cut in half and we had to call and have repaired.

And here is the root ball that was growing in my sewer line and clogging it up.

Here is to hoping that you never have to dig up your yard to replace a broken sewer line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.