Monday, February 9, 2015

A Saturday Morning Run - Corner Canyon Trail

This past Saturday morning, a few friends and I decided to run on the Corner Canyon Trail.  We met bright and early and drove to the trail head.

Of course, we had to snap a selfie prior to our run. Too bad it's a little blurry and us front-row people had our sunglasses on. :(

Anyway, I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I had never been trail running before, but I felt prepared with my Brooks Cascadia 9s that I bought on sale on Black Friday.  Also, I need to get a little bit used to trail running as I have signed up to be part of a team for Ragnar Trail Zion in April.

The day was beautiful, not too cold and a little overcast.  There was a little bit of a STRONG head-wind while running up the trail, which sucked, but the downhill was a BLAST!!!

A little stream of cascading water kept us company.

Obviously this photo is a little edited to increase the colors because I was taking pictures with my phone.  But isn't that view amazing!!  That is the Draper UT Temple you can see.

After a while we came to a bridge and I spotted this geocache.  It had plastic vampire teeth in it. How funny!

We took a little break from our running to capture this picture of Lisa and Debbie on the bridge.

Since there are so many trails up the canyon we eventually got separated from our group, but had decided beforehand that we would meet back at the car at a certain time.  Total run was about 5 miles and took about an hour.

Definitely a run I want to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.