Thursday, February 12, 2015

Living Joyfully in Troubled Times - Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson

Chapter 4 is titled, Living Joyfully in Troubled Times.  This lesson provides great insight into helping us on our path to becoming happy, hopeful, optimistic people.

There were two quotes that really stuck out to me, both from the 2nd section of the lesson.  The first is this:
"We have no cause to really worry. Live the gospel, keep the commandments. Attend to your prayers night and morning in your home. Maintain the standards of the Church. Try and live calmly and cheerfully. … Happiness must be earned from day to day. But it is worth the effort."
My favorite quote from the lesson is this one:
"Be cheerful in all that you do. Live joyfully. Live happily. Live enthusiastically, knowing that God does not dwell in gloom and melancholy, but in light and love."
I liked it so much I decided to make a wall hanging for it, and I'll use it during my lesson.

If you feel the urge, here is a link to a pdf you can download and print, just click on the below picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.