Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Ragnar Trail Zion 2015

This past weekend I participated in Ragnar Trail Zion with some friends.  The weather was not awesome for trail running, but I made new friends and would do it all over again, so I call that a success!

Here are the two teams that camped together (top l to r: Loren, Jason, Sara, Gary, Casey, Bob, Brady; middle l to r: Sys, Jami, Tori, Anna, Lisa, Sha, Wendy; Front and center is Harish.  Not pictured is Steve who had already left.

The Lehi 3rd Ward crew minus Sara and Jason...

Not sure why I'm walking away...

Sha, Sara and I at the finish line


So grateful for my Nathan.  He is such a huge support to me!

So I only got to run one leg (the green loop) before they called the race for the off-and-on and then non-stop rain.  It was the shortest leg, but I am not afraid to say that it was tougher than I had prepared for.  The trail was super narrow, and way steeper (uphill and downhill) than I had anticipated.  But, I am happy with my performance.... even if I did trip and fall once.


A panoramic shot of Zion's Ponderosa Ranch

Nathan and I hanging out in our tent to avoid the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.