Tuesday, December 3, 2013

No Need to Call a Plumber

After peeling about 15 lbs of potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner last week, I accidentally clogged our kitchen sink with the peels.  After trying myself to get the sink unclogged, I took a picture to send to my husband with a text that said, "HELP"! Ground up potato peels make for some very brown water!


I knew he would have to take apart the pipes under the sink, so I started clearing out my newly organized under-sink area and got my cleaning bucket set up underneath the "u" shaped pipe that comes out of the garbage disposal.  After a few minutes though, I got to thinking...  How hard can it really be to remove a pipe and put it back?

Turns out it is not hard at all.  Before Nathan could even come to my rescue, I had the pipe removed, cleared out, put back on and everything put back under the sink.  I am woman, hear me roar.  Super proud of myself!

I did't take an after picture.  Just imagine a clean, dirty-water-free sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.