Tuesday, March 4, 2014

An Angry Bird Cake

For the Blue and Gold Banquet this year, Isaac and I needed to make and bring a cake.  The theme was "Angry Birds" and my friend Collette gave us a great idea.

Our cake's theme was "The unseen dangers of Angry Birds"

First, we made a sling shot out of bamboo skewers and a rubber band.  We printed out some angry bird cupcake toppers that I got here and attached them to toothpicks.

Then using some white frosting and brown sprinkles, I made some bird poop.  We just made blobs on wax paper and put it in the freezer.


After the cake was baked and frosted with chocolate frosting, we began decorating.  For the big yellow bird, I just made one of the birds really big and had Isaac cut it out.  We attached that to a bamboo skewer also. Isaac loved the cake.  It was right up his alley - remember his Valentine box?


1 comment:

  1. ummm I make a cookie cake and put our troops number in blue.. it was a lame last minute thing.. drew has big plans for next years cake since he will be in scouts by then too.. cute cake but the real question is.. was it yummy to eat??

    ReplyDelete

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.