Tuesday, March 11, 2008

beautiful vista

“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey … delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
--Gordon B. Hinckley, quoting columnist Jenkins Lloyd Jones, reminded us that life will always have its challenges:

for me, this picture is a "beautiful vista"


and these are my "thrilling bursts of speed"


i am thankful for both.... and trying harder to show more gratitude for just getting the ride.

6 comments:

  1. What a great family you have! I love the pic of you and Nate. Your arms are so skinny......i would normally say i hate you, but i am trying to be more positive, I positively hate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Wendy! It shows your personality and I can tell how happy you all are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!! Love the new picts of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, right when i need it, you reminded me to just be thankful for the ride, even if it's not quite on the track i want right now. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an Awesome post! I loved it. You are of course just awesome.
    Thanks for making me stop and think about what I have to be gratiful for.

    ReplyDelete

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.