Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Weekend Wrap-up - Birthdays, Mother's Day and an Anniversary

Last Friday was Isaac's birthday.  Nathan checked him out of school at lunch time and we went to Milagros for lunch.  It was the first time Isaac had ever eaten there and he loved it.  I love a kid who loves food!



After stopping at the store to get him his gift, I had to go back to work, but Nathan and Isaac hung out for the rest of the afternoon.

Later that night he had a bunch of his friends over for a pizza/night-games party.  I didn't snap any pictures. You'll just have to trust me on this one.  

The next morning, we got up early and went to +Kneaders for breakfast.  This is fast becoming a tradition in our family.  Since it was the day before Mother's Day, all the Moms got free french toast.  YUM!

Here are the three of us at breakfast.

Later that afternoon we went to +Texas Roadhouse to help Debbie celebrate her birthday. What a great couple!

Someone, not me, told on her and she had to "saddle up" for a Texas-sized Yeehaw!

After dinner, we hurried home for cake and ice cream with family for Isaac's birthday.



Which brings us to yesterday, which was not only Mother's Day, but also Nathan and I's 14th wedding anniversary.

The kids and Nathan made me a terrific breakfast in bed and cards and goodies that they had made for me.  Such sweeties.  After church we went to visit Nathan's mom and then my parents came over for roast and potatoes, which Nathan cooked.

It was a good day!

Not only was I spoiled for Mother's Day, but I am also spoiled to be married to my best friend for the last 14 years!  He always accuses me of acting like a princess, but that is how he treats me, so it's his own fault.
Love that guy I married!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.