Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Jared Turned 12 - He's a Deacon Now!

Last Thursday, my oldest turned 12.  We celebrated the day at Seven Peaks where I did not take any pictures...

The next day, we ate cake and ice cream.


Jared opened a few presents.


Then on Sunday, he was conferred the Aaronic Priesthood and ordained to the office of Deacon by Nathan. Both grandpas, Richard and Bruce, stood in the circle as well as Bishop Rob Lund.

Nathan and Jared (in his new suit - his last 12 days of Priesthood gift).  See more about that here.

What handsome men!

My little deacon.


Jared and I

Nathan, Jared and I

After his ordination the Bishop asked me if I would like to say a few words.  I let Jared know that I was proud of him and the efforts he has made to better himself in preparation for this new responsibility.  I told him that his desire to question things and know the "why's" were not a bad thing, but that they would help him as he develops a testimony of the church.  I also pointed out his leadership abilities and told him to use them to set a good example to those around him.

I can't believe my oldest is 12!

1 comment:

  1. this is crazy... how can he be 12???? What an awesome day for him and you! ps.. you look great

    ReplyDelete

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.