Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Personal Progress Virtue Project Complete

Well, almost.  I just need to finish the last part of it.

The Virtue project is this:
The Savior chose to live a virtuous life. Follow His admonition to “learn of me” (D&C 19:23) by reading the entire Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Liken the scriptures to your life and circumstances. As you read, record your thoughts regularly in your journal. Note the example of the Savior. What did He and those who followed Him do to live virtuous lives? At the completion of your reading, record your testimony.
I started this project back at the beginning of this year.  I blogged about my progress back here, where I stated I wanted to finish reading by the time I went to girl's camp.  I'm only a couple of months late....

This is what I read last night.  The last chapter and verse of the Book of Mormon.

As I read, I recorded thoughts and feelings in the margins of the book.  As a result, I've decided that the church needs to publish a Book of Mormon with at least 2-inch blank margins around the edges for writing thoughts.  My hubby heard me say this and made me the sweetest thing for Mother's Day this past May.  But that's another story for a different day.

Now comes the last part, writing my testimony of the Book of Mormon in the lovely space provided for me in my Personal Progress book.  

I took this picture before I wrote in my book because I was thinking that these feelings might be too personal for my blog.  Then I had to stop and think for a minute.  My feelings and beliefs about the Book of Mormon shouldn't be private.  I shouldn't be afraid or intimidated to share these feelings with others.  But, I'm not ready to do that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.