Monday, September 9, 2013

What I Was Given For Mother's Day

I know, it's not anywhere near Mother's Day today.  But I wanted to share what Nathan made me for Mother's Day this past May.

I like to write notes when I am reading the scriptures, lots of notes.  I like to add quotes from Apostles and other general authorities while I read.  

Unfortunately for me, as they are, the scriptures do not have a lot of space for writing.  I usually end up writing what I can in the margins or at the end of a verse, but most of the time I end up gluing a piece of paper in the binding and writing what I wanted to write on that.

When I explained my dilemma to my mother, she would tell me to just write smaller.  So I tried that and I could never read what I wrote and the pens would bleed and the letters would run together.  

So one day while I was online, I came across a genius idea.  A wide margin Book of Mormon!
photo credit
 I pinned the link and kind of forgot about it.

Until I started reading the Book of Mormon against this past March.  As I read I again became frustrated there there wasn't room for what I wanted to write.  Well, Nathan listened and on Mother's Day he presented me with this:


It took a lot of paper and he went through an entire black ink cartridge.  He whipped up a cover and then he headed over to Kinkos where they put a plastic front and back cover and the binding on for about $7.

And then it sat on my nightstand for another 4 months.  I was well into my current copy of the Book of Mormon by the time I received this gift and I wanted to finish marking that particular book for that reading.

I know, I am very strange.  I'm glad that my husband was patient and understanding with me about not wanting to use his VERY thoughtful gift.... yet.

But now that I've finished, I have started reading again with my wide margin book and I feel like I finally have room to stretch my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.