Monday, September 16, 2013

DIY Eye Cream


I saw a pin on Pinterest for make it yourself eye cream and wanted to give it a try.  Eye creams at the store can cost a small fortune and this one is super inexpensive to make.

All you need is

  • Vitamin E (either in a bottle or in capsules)
  • Coconut Oil - mine was in a liquid form
  • A clean container (you could use a small plastic container, but I just used some used eye cream bottles that I had cleaned out)
  • A medicine dropper (not absolutely necessary, but helps keep the process from becoming messy)
What I did - but, you can adjust to your own needs.

Put 2 teaspoons coconut oil into your container.  Add 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E.  Mix to combine with a q-tip or toothpick.  If your coconut oil is not in liquid form, you'll have to really make sure it gets mixed well with the vitamin e.

Apply as much or as little as you want to your eye area each night before bed.  I even like to rub a little right on the roots of my eyelashes.

Here's what it looked like after I had applied some.

Against my better judgement, I applied some BB cream and concealer to my under-eye area the day before and my skin didn't care for it, so that is the red you can see on my eyelid.  I was a tiny bit worried that this eye cream would irritate it, but I am very happy to report that it did not.  

I am going to continue using this cream for a while and take another picture to see what the results are.  I am hoping for no change or improvement with diminishing of lines and wrinkles and hopefully improved skin texture.  


**CAUTION - Use your best judgement here, because all people's skin is different.  If you have ever had an adverse reaction to any of these products, then I don't recommend you make eye cream with them.  It is always smart to test a small amount of any new product on your skin before you lather it all over the very sensitive skin around your eyes!  You've been warned and I won't be responsible for you not following my caution, people!

Having said that, I tend to have pretty sensitive skin under my eyes and this didn't cause any sort of negative reaction for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.