Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Peaches

This past Saturday, Amelia and I picked peaches.  Our neighbors have a peach tree that sits right next to the fence dividing our properties.  I purposely allow the branches of this tree to grow over the fence at their leisure so that every year at this time I can enjoy some of those yummy peaches too!  


After picking the peaches, Amelia and I took them inside.  We washed them and rinsed them.  Amelia separated the "something yucky on it" peaches from the "keep for later" peaches.

Then I pitted the "something yucky on it" peaches, cut out the bad parts and sliced them up.  Amelia arranged them neatly on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet.  By the time she had them all on there we had 4 layers of peaches on wax paper. Then we threw the cookie sheet into the freezer. Once they were mostly frozen we transferred them to ziploc bags for later use in smoothies, shakes, freezer jam or cobbler.

The "keep for later" peaches went into the crisper drawer of our fridge to be eaten as a snack, in school lunch or for whatever else!

After our hard work, Amelia enjoyed some fresh peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.