Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Saturday at Lagoon

This past Saturday, we spent all day at Lagoon with my whole family.  We had a great time.    Both of my parents were able to come and they took Clara for me while I went and rode rides with the older kids.

Clara on Buldy the Whale

 Grandma gets ready to take Amelia and Clara on a ride.

Ethan and Jared on Bombora

Amelia and I on a spinning dragon ride.

Ethan and Isaac on the same ride

A bunch of the kids in front of the Colossus

A bunch of the kids on Cliffhanger

 Roni, Amelia and Rissa on the sky tram

Jared and Jade on the sky tram with Schyler and Lisa behind them.

My mom and dad at lunch

 Shane and Roni

Isaac, Jared, Rissa and Amelia

Isaac, Clara, Kiley, Jared, Ethan, Rissa and Amelia

 Amelia, Hadlie and Rissa on Paratrooper

Nathan and I

 Clara and my mom on the Puff Rollercoaster with Rhett ahead of them.

 Amelia and Isaac on the Puff Rollercoaster

Clara and I on Tidal Wave

Nathan, Clara and I

 Nathan and Clara on the Carousel

My horses teeth on the Carousel

Clara and I  - she was getting super tired by this point.

 Rhett and Cassidy on Musicland Express

Clara and I on Musicland Express - she loved this ride!

Rhett, Shar and Kevin on Musicland Express

 I took Clara on a ride turns you upside down in a little cage, she did not care for it at all!

 Jared, Rhett, Ethan and Isaac on the Tilt-a-Whirl

We had such a good time!  Nathan and I felt a little old because we kept getting a little sick to our stomachs on some of the rides.

Next time I go to Lagoon however, I am going to remember to bring:

  1. Cheap plastic ponchos from the $1 store.  Some of the rides closed when it started to rain, but a lot did not and the lines were super short.
  2. Jackets (hoodies are preferable) for everyone, just leave them in the car in case we want them.  It got a little chilly after the rain, plus we were a little damp.
  3. Water bottles, they can be refilled at the drinking fountains.
  4. Closed-toe shoes and socks for everyone.  Some of the rides will not allow open-toed shoes.  We learned this one the hard way a couple years ago.
  5. Have the kids bring some of their own money to spend on stuff they want (carnival games, treats).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.