Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Don't Believe Everything You See - Where Beauty Comes From

The other day I was bored, and decided to mess around with the photo editor on Google.  So I quickly snapped this picture of myself.

Then uploaded it to my Google+ account and started messing around with their software.

I ended up with this.

I am not a professional photo editor by any stretch of the imagination, but if I can take out under-eye bags and forehead wrinkles, remove the redness from my cheeks and nose, and make my complexion appear silky smooth, imagine what professionals can do with professional software.

Never mistake what you see in a magazine or online for reality!

Thinking about this reminded me of a talk I read recently for one of my lessons in young women's concerning beauty.  Watch this short video clip from that talk.

 

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for providing the lesson handouts for Come Follow Me! I found a link on Pinterest. Not being computer savvy, I really appreciate that you are willing to share your talent. I shared the pin, and will give you a shout out on my blog some time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon for your kind words. As a fellow blogger I'm sure you know how nice it is to get comments from people who aren't in your family!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.