Saturday, May 4, 2013

driving on cruise control

literally... it's not just a catchy title.

it's a blury picture, but you get the idea.


about a month or so ago, i decided to start driving to work with the cruise control set to a speed between 70-72 miles per hour.  why would i decide to do such a strange thing?

  1. i like to drive faster than i should, setting the car on cruise takes that ability away from me. now that there are so many more lanes on the freeway people drive like it's the autobahn.  how fast is too fast, people?
  2. i don't want a speeding ticket.
  3. i save on gas.  seriously, take away all the speeding up and slowing down and you save $. i've been getting almost 15-20 more miles on a tank of gas.
  4. i'm more calm.  i don't feel like i'm in a rush anymore.  i wasn't in a rush before, but sometimes i felt like i was because i was going fast and always switching lanes.  
  5. it's safer. and clearly, i'm all about safety :) i was super safe when i took the above picture while cruising down the road at 72.
 i click on the cruise control on the on ramp and set it as soon as i am up to speed.  i've gotten pretty good at avoiding having to turn it off.  i know which lanes are usually good for me so that i'm not annoying anyone behind me and i'm not getting stuck behind someone slower in front of me.  

probably the biggest reason for doing this and the best result is #4.  i need more calmness in my life and this works for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.