Friday, May 24, 2013

personal progress integrity value experience #2

Conduct a self-assessment of your personal integrity. Ask yourself the following questions: Do I avoid gossip, inappropriate jokes, swearing and profanity, and being light-minded about sacred subjects? Am I completely truthful, morally clean, honest, dependable, and trustworthy in my schoolwork and other activities? Pray daily for strength and for the guidance of the Holy Ghost to help you live with integrity. Write in your journal the things you can do to improve your personal integrity and at least one new habit you want to develop.
to answer all of the self -assessment questions contained in this value experience, i decided to type them up and paste the paper into my study journal and then answer the question.


i then went through and answered the questions as honestly as i could.  it would have been really easy for me to lie to myself while answering these questions, but the whole point of this value is to be honest, and that includes being honest with yourself.

some of these questions were really easy for me to answer.  some of these things are not struggles for me.  some of them are.  while there are areas that i need to make improvements, there are also areas that i am really happy with where i am.

after i answered the questions, i also thought about how i can make improvements on the areas where i struggle.

sometimes i can get down on myself when i complete activities like this, because i am not perfect!  i know shocker!!  but i'm not.  i came across this graphic the other day and it really struck me.  success is not perfection.  success is when i keep trying and keep moving forward.

10843
credit
so, when you do value experiences that help you see your weaknesses, don't get discouraged or down on yourself.  focus on your progress and what you can do to make your weaknesses less of a weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've rambled long enough, why don't you ramble and tell me what's on your mind.